There are many WordPress plugins that can be used for adding accordions in your projects. In the past we used several plugins but we never found one that completely suits our needs so we decided to build our own plugin.
On this page you can read our philosophy on building this plugin.
In our coding we strive to make things inclusive and for this reason we focus on the perfect accessible code that can quickly be implemented in a website project. We prefer not to overcomplicate things so the starting point in this plugin is to implement a simple accordion that you can easily manage from the WordPress backend.
The frontend design is kept simple and is easy to modify if you have css knowledge. No two website projects are the same so we prefer you can easily change the fonts/colours yourself.
Before we started working on the plugin we created a list of basic requirements that we want to have in our plugin.
- Drag and drop interface Backend interface to easily create an unlimited number of accordions
- Shortcode for adding the accordion to your content
- WYSIWYG editor for adding content
- Option to switch between a toggle or collapse effect
- Compatible with any theme
- Hash option to link to a specific panel directly
- Translation ready, works with WPML
- Using a hidden post-type to create the accordions
- Option to disable the plugin CSS
- Import / Export option to easily copy accordion content